One of the things we remember when working with developers is that the schemes you establish are advertisements for your next project. We therefore take an approach that ensures that not only do you find the process trouble free, but so do those buying the properties.
BCP Strata is experienced in the establishment of strata-titled developments and is able to assist with the technical expertise necessary to ensure that the scheme is established to meet Queensland’s complex Body Corporate Legislation.
The key services offered by BCP Strata include:
- Administration and Sinking Fund budget estimates
- Calculation of lot entitlements for both Contribution and Interest Schedules
- Review of Body Corporate Community Management Statement including by-laws
- Advice on aspects of the scheme that could have longer term impacts based on management experience
- Establishment of Body Corporate records and bank accounts plus documentation including those associated with income tax and GST
- Arrange appropriate insurance on completion of the building
- Calling and holding the First Extraordinary General Meeting on registration of the scheme
- Putting in place the necessary arrangements for ultimate transition of administration responsibility to a Body Corporate Committee
- Where appropriate establishing agreements with suppliers including electricity re-sellers and maintenance contractors
The Managing Director for BCP Strata, Scott Simpson, is also a member of the UDIA and regularly attends functions and events to keep abreast of the issues critical to the development industry in Queensland.
If you would like to learn more about BCP Strata, the services we offer and how we can assist you in your next strata-titled development, please contact our office and one of our Managers will be happy to assist you.
“…We have had a great long term working relationship with BCP Strata, originally with Gail Simpson, then continuing on with Scott and Angela Simpson.
BCP have been fully supportive in arranging all the necessary documentation for pre-sale contracts for approx. 800 units over the past 30 years. Scott and his team have always been easy to contact and fair in their requests for any maintenance requirement.
At times we have been contacted by several other BC agencies, offering their services, although due to above support, would never consider any other company than BCP Strata…” Peter Fletcher | Squire Development Group Pty Ltd